The Senior Java Developer works as part of an Agile team on product development, feature implementation and maintenance, and has a supporting role in architecting and developing Fulcrum applications. Fulcrum’s technology stack is presently JVM, Oracle, Android and iOS. New projects include implementing RESTful API’s for new applications to consume, including Angular applications. This position requires strong problem-solving and communication skills, attention to detail, the ability to quickly research and implement new technologies and the desire to work in a fast-paced, creative and dynamic environment.
- Participate in all phases of the development lifecycle, including detailed design, development, unit testing, bug fixing and documentation.
- Work in and/or lead a team to define objectives based on analysis of user requirements, then envisioning and iteratively designing and implementing features and functionalities based on those objectives.
- Enhance or builds new application toolkits with dynamically configurable APIs and UI tools.
- Utilize industry standards and best practices to produce quality code.
- Use research, proof of concept, spike testing, etc. to drive technology roadmap and make technology recommendations.
- Attend team meetings as required.
- Perform other tasks as assigned on an as-needed basis.
- Full Stack Java Enterprise requirements are:
- Java/J2EE or comparable OOP language
- Database, Oracle, PL/SQL, JOOQ
- Maven, SBT, Gradle
- Tomcat / Weblogic
- HTML 5 , Bootstrap , CSS Framework
- Experience with Git, Github and deploying applications to AWS or other PaaS.
- Jenkins/Continuous Delivery experience desired.
- Commitment to OpenSource projects.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering Sciences, Management Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
- Four + years Experience in software product environments or advanced degree.
- Responsible of mentoring junior java developers of the team.
- Self-motivated with ability to work effectively independently, with the customer and as part of a team.
- Understands how business process modeling relates to software development.
- Ability to produce high quality unit-tested code.
- Ability to work overtime and/or weekends and travel as needed for specific engagements.
Fulcrum is a Seattle-based software company, founded in 1998. Our enterprise software is a leader in the telecommunications industry. Fulcrum’s solution is centered around our CATS Asset Lifecycle Management software platform, offered hosted in the Cloud, or as traditionally licensed software. The CATS software platform is recognized for its powerful mobile data collection capabilities designed for use in the field and for integration with back-office systems like Oracle, PeopleSoft, SAP and Granite that leverage Fulcrum’s CATS information to assure that their data is accurate, complete and up-to-date.